I have deleted some critical files by mistake, is it possible to recover them?
Files in your home directory are backed up on tape. To recover the deleted files, please do the following:
- Log on to one of the Juropa-GPFS-Nodes:
ssh -X <userid>@juropagpfs.fz-juelich.de
- Start the backup recovery routine:
- On the prompt, select home as the desired target:
- A graphical panel will pop up. Select the function restore from the Backup panel.
- A new window will pop up, showing the Juropa file hierarchy. Open the tree File Level and herein your home directory:
e.g.: jhome12 and then hmz29 and hmz298.
- You can now further refine the choice of data you want to restore and finally checkmark all files and/or subtrees you need to restore.
- Finally select the button Restore and decide whether to restore into the original place or to a new location.
Please note that the restore may take a couple of minutes, since the data has to be retrieved from magnetic tape.