Vacancies at JSC
JSC is seeking several scientists in physics, chemistry, mathematics, informatics or a related field at the earliest opportunity. The positions are available in various areas:
- Technology development of future supercomputer architectures in collaboration with renowned hardware and software vendors in the supercomputing domain
- IT system administration of supercomputers
- Central IT security tasks on campus und for the supercomputers
- Community-oriented application support in the fields of plasma physics, climate modelling and molecular physics
- Optimization of application codes on parallel high-performance supercomputers
- Java programming for software tools on high-performance supercomputers
- Management tasks in major European supercomputing projects, e.g. PRACE
The qualifications and skills required are:
- a university degree in physics, chemistry, mathematics, informatics or a related field of study;
- appropriate experiences and knowledge in at least one of the above-mentioned fields;
- good command of written and spoken English;
- structured and systematic functioning;
- professional skills, cooperative team work and a high degree of commitment.
The official advertisement will be published at http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/news/jobs .