JuLib eXtended – New Version Online
The information portal JuLib eXtended is set to go live with a newly designed interface as of 2 November 2016. We have also optimized the portal’s various services and search functions in the new version.
3 November 2016
We have yesterday activated the new version of JuLib eXtended for you. The underlying software VuFind has been completely redeveloped by the open-source community. The new version has been designed based on the suggestions made in the user survey as well as the evaluation of usage statistics.
What do I need to do?
- You don’t need to do anything! Your user account including your borrowed items and bookmarks will be transferred in its entirety to the new version.
- JuLib eXtended now has a responsive design: it adjusts to the screen size and can also be used on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
In landscape format, the elements are arranged as they are for a desktop computer. In portrait format, you will find the tools for narrowing the number of search results at the bottom of the display.
- The “electronic journals” access point can be found on the home page, where the links to the Electronic Journals Library (EZB) and Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) can also be accessed directly.
- In addition, the search for journal titles in “Books & More” has also been improved. If a printed title appears in the list of search results, you can check whether the electronic version of the journal can be accessed by clicking directly on the button “Available as an e-journal?”. For many electronic journals, an overview of the current article can be viewed. You can set up an RSS feed and will be informed when a new article is published.
- The services offered by the Central Library related to the literature search are presented across a single line.
- The QR code in the list of results contains the permalink for the full record of each hit.
What hasn’t changed?
- The indices used in the search will remain the same as before:
“Books & More” (search the library catalogue for books, journal titles, reports, theses, and e-books in the collection of the Central Library),
“Articles & More” (search databases and publishing houses for articles in journals, conference papers, and e-books), and
“JuSER” (search the JuSER publications portal).
- The list of results for “Books & More” is displayed by default after the search. You can switch to results from the other indices via the selection menu on the left or the tab above the search bar. The number of results can be limited by using the tools on the left-hand selection menu.
- JuLib eXtended can still be integrated into your browser as a search engine.
What is no longer available?
- There is no longer a mobile version.
After more than three years of reliable operation, the previous version of JuLib eXtended will remain accessible until the end of January 2017.
Please use the following link: JuLib eXtended – Version 2013 to 2016
Technical and content support for JuLib eXtended:
Tel: 02461 61-6208
Licence Management Team
Development and technical support for JuLib eXtended:
Tel: 02461 61-6132
Licence Management Team