Master Thesis Position: Development of a refocussing mirror optics for Soft X-ray Photoemission Microscopy
The department „Electronic Properties“ of the Peter Grünberg Institute (PGI-6) is offering a Master’s Thesis position.
For the Jülich LEEM/PEEM endstation at BESSY II we recently implemented a setup for magnetization dynamics measurements in stroboscopic mode. The successful candidate will optimize the setup for high-throughput microfocus operation. To this purpose, a two way approach is necessary. First, a new refocussing optics has to be designed and implemented. Second, new detector concepts with higher conversion efficiency and spatial resolution have to be tested. Job location is BESSY II synchrotron, Berlin.
The successful candidate
- should have experience in optics, preferentially x-ray optics, as well as Physics, Engineering or Materials Science
- has experience and high motivation for synchrotron-based science
- is able to work independently as well as in a small team,
- has good communication and documentation skills
- has the ability to get to the heart of the problem and solve it quickly and efficiently
What we offer
- Experienced and friendly research team
- Cutting-edge equipment
- Strongly motivating research environment with world-leading experimental and theory groups
Forschungszentrum Jülich is an equal-opportunity employer and therefore welcomes applications from women and disabled persons.
Please send your application (including CV and exam results) by email to
Prof. Dr. C. M. Schneider: firstname.lastname@example.org.