Ph.D. Student (f/m) in neuropsychology or neuroscience
With a staff of 4700, Forschungszentrum Jülich – a member of the Helmholtz Association – is one of the largest interdisciplinary research centres in Europe. Work with us on the grand challenges in the fields of health, energy & environment, and information technology, as well as on the many and varied tasks of research management.
The Institute for Neuroscience and Medicine (INM) explores the structure and function of the brain in healthy people and in patients with neurological and psychiatric diseases. It conducts translational research with the aim to establish new procedures for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of these diseases.
The Cognitive Neuroscience Division of the Institute for Neuroscience and Medicine (INM-3, director: Prof. G. R. Fink) cooperates closely with the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital of Cologne in order to investigate fundamental as well as clinical neuroscience questions.
For the INM-3 we are currently seeking a
Ph.D. Student (f/m)
in neuropsychology or neuroscience
You will work on scientific projects focused on multi-modal longitudinal network mapping and modulating network breakdown in older individuals and patients with early Alzheimer’s disease (funded by the DFG). This work will be performed within the spatial cognition group and the Memory Clinic Köln-Jülich. Together with Dr. Jacobs and a team of neuropsychologists and medical doctors you will be trained in all research and organization aspects, ranging from data acquisition (neuropsychological assessments, MRI-PET scanning, cognitive and tDCS interventions) data analysis and writing.
- A master’s degree neuropsychology or psychology
- Experience in neuropsychological assessment
- Experience with and interest in patients with cognitive deficits and dementia
- Experience in neuroimaging ((f)MRI)
- Experience with statistical analysis of data (SPSS), neuroimaging software packages (e.g., SPM, FSL) and programming languages (Matlab, UNIX)
- Mother tongue: German
- In-depth knowledge of spoken and written English
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Challenging and varied work in an interdisciplinary and international team
- A wide spectrum of individual training opportunities
- A three year doctorate programme including salary conforming to salary grade 13 of the Collective Agreement for the German Civil Service (TVöD).
Forschungszentrum Jülich aims to employ more women in this area and therefore particularly welcomes applications from women. We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
Please submit your enquiries and application quoting the reference number to:
Dr. Heidi Jacobs, INM-3
Phone: (+ 49) 02461-61-3441
Prof. Dr. Gereon Fink, INM-3
Phone: (+49) 02461-61-4334