Training Course "Introduction to the programming and usage of the supercomputing resources at Jülich"
(Training Course no. 41/2011 in the training programme of Forschungszentrum Jülich)
- 24.Nov.2011 13:00
- 25.Nov.2011 16:30
- Representatives of IBM, Intel and ParTec, JSC staff members
Through the John von Neumann Institute for Computing, Research Centre Juelich provides two major high-performance computing resources to scientific user groups from throughout Germany and Europe. The aim of this course is to give new users of the supercomputing resources an introductory overview of the systems and their usage, and to help them in making efficient use of their allocated resources.
Topics covered are:
- Overview of the supercomputer systems
- Usage of the supercomputer systems
- Grid access via UNICORE
- Blue Gene/P architecture
- JUROPA/HPC-FF architecture
- Programming (compilers, MPI, OpenMP, debuggers, tools)
- Performance tuning
- Libraries and application software
- Postprocessing and Visualization
- I/O and data management
Participants are expected to have a basic knowledge of UNIX. The course will be held in English.
- 1 1/2 days
24 November 2011, 13:00 - 17:40
25 November 2011, 9:00 - 16:30
- Hörsaal, Jülich Supercomputing Centre, building 16.3, room 006