IAS Seminar "Performance and timing of PFASST"
- 23.May.2014 10:00
- 23.May.2014 11:00
- Jülich Supercomputing Centre, Besprechungraum 1, building 16.3, room 107
- Matthew Emmett, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA
- The parallel full approximation scheme in space and time (PFASST) algorithm is a time-parallel solver for ordinary and partial differential equations (ODE/PDE) that intertwines the spectral deferred correction (SDC) method with the parareal method. PFASST has been used to solve a growing number of problems on a variety of machines, including various PDEs and particle systems. I will present a brief overview of PFASST and show various timing and speedup results that have been obtained so far, and highlight how these results should be interpreted with respect to PFASSTs critical path.
- Friday, 23 May 2014, 10:00
- Jülich Supercomputing Centre, Besprechungsraum 1, building 16.3, room 107
- Announcement as pdf file:
Anyone interested is cordially invited to participate in this seminar.