IAS Seminar "Real-time tracking of non-equilibrated pedestrian flows"
- 17.Jul.2013 11:00
- 17.Jul.2013 12:00
- Jülich Supercomputing Centre, Rotunda, building 16.4, room 301
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gunnar Flötteröd, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
- The presentation outlines a recent technique for the estimation of individual-level travel behavior from traffic counts. Necessary modifications for its application to the tracking of pedestrian (evacuation) flows are described. A technical key aspect is the tractable representation of the walking dynamics. Some speculations on how to apply queueing theory to the modeling of bidirectional pedestrian flows are therefore also included, drawing from related work in the road traffic domain.
- Wednesday, 17 July 2013, 11:00
- Jülich Supercomputing Centre, Rotunde, building 16.4, room 301
Prof. Flötteröd has been invited by Dr. Gregor Lämmel and Prof. Armin Seyfried (JSC).
Anyone interested is cordially invited to participate in this seminar.