Training course "Introduction to parallel programming with MPI and OpenMP"
(Course no. 75/2014 in the training programme of Forschungszentrum Jülich)
- 01.Dec.2014 09:10
- 03.Dec.2014 16:30
- Jülich Supercomputing Centre, Ausbildungraum 1, building 16.3, room 021
- Target audience:
- Supercomputer users who want to optimize their programs with MPI or OpenMP
The focus is on programming models MPI and OpenMP. Hands-on sessions (in C and Fortran) will allow users to immediately test and understand the basic constructs of the Message Passing Interface (MPI) and the shared memory directives of OpenMP. To facilitate efficient use of modern hardware architectures in high performance computing, this course also includes newest features of MPI-3.0 such as enhancements of the cluster and shared memory one-sided communication, sparse collective neighborhood communication, and a new Fortran interface.
This course provides scientific training in Computational Science, and in addition, the scientific exchange of the participants among themselves. It is organized by JSC in collaboration with HLRS. (Content Level: 70% for beginners, 30% advanced)
Further information: see HLRS
- Knowledge in either C, C++ or Fortran
- This course is given in German.
- 3 days
- 1-3 December 2014, 9:00-18:30, on the 3rd day until 16:30
- Jülich Supercomputing Centre, Ausbildungsraum 1, building 16.3, room 021 (new room number 213a)
- Number of participants:
- maximum 28
- Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner, HLRS Stuttgart
- Dr. Florian Janetzko
- Please use the registration form at HLRS.