10th Liège Conference
The 10th Liège Conference on Materials for Advanced Power Engineering will be held on 14th – 17th of September 2014 at the Palais des Congrès in Liège, Belgium. The achievements of materials research, concerning high efficiency, emission reduced, zero emission and new cycle power plants, will be reviewed.
Following the well established format of previous Liège conferences, a series of review papers will describe the international materials development. Invited lectures by internationally recognized experts will present the status of the topics mentioned below in detail. Lectures concerning differing energy policies and their significance for international development perspectives of new energy conversion technologies and novel materials are planned.
Contributions on all issues to be presented at the conference are welcome and will be presented (available) in the form of posters (reviewed proceedings on CD) at the conference.
The topics that will be covered in the Conference are:
- Future international perspectives for energy supply
- Materials issues concerning new power plant cycles (IGCC, Oxyfuel, zero emission) as well as fuel and load flexible, discontinuous operation
- Ferritic, martensitic and austenitic steels: Processing and performance in high temperature steam power plants
- High performance Nickel base alloys and thermal barrier coatings for high efficiency gas turbines
- Materials for advanced nuclear fission power plants
- Production of components, including casting, hot and cold working, heat treatment and welding
- New materials (steels, intermetallics, composites) and processes for energy conversion
Cross-sectional topics in research on high temperature materials:
- High temperature corrosion
- Thermomechanical fatigue
- Modeling and lifetime prediction tools