14th International Conference on Plasma-Facing Materials and Components for Fusion Applications
The performance of fusion devices and of a future fusion power plant critically depends on the plasma facing materials and components. Resistance to local heat and particle loads, thermo-mechanical properties, as well as the response to neutron damage of the selected materials are critical parameters which need to be understood and tailored from atomistic to component levels. The 14th International Conference on Plasma-Facing Materials and Components for Fusion Applications addresses these issues.
Among the topics of the joint conference recent developments and research results in the following fields are addressed:
- Tungsten and tungsten alloys
- Low-Z materials
- Mixed materials
- Erosion, redeposition & fuel retention
- Materials under extreme thermal loads
- Technology and testing of plasma-facing components
- Neutron effects in plasma-facing materials
- Advanced characterization of materials and components
Selected international speakers will present overview lectures and treat detailed aspects of the given topics. Contributed papers to the subjects of the meeting are solicited for oral and poster presentations.