In organizing our events we aim to achieve sustainability and therefore follow the Guidelines of the Federal Ministry for the Environment for the Sustainable Organization of Events. The aim is to avoid the emission of greenhouse gases as far as possible.
This means that the following criteria apply to all our central events:
- For external events, we choose venues that can be conveniently reached by public transport.
- We prefer to select venues that are themselves committed to sustainability.
- As far as possible, we use virtual projections instead of decorating the speakers' platform.
- Catering makes use as far as possible of organically sourced, fair-traded, regionally produced, seasonal products.
- With respect to communications regarding the event, we make as little use as possible of non-recyclable means of communication.
- We intend to minimize the use of paper for communicating with participants and thus also the cost of distribution and logistics.
- The paper used – if absolutely not indispensable – is 100 % recycled (ecolabel) and the paper processing is FSC-certified.
- Processing of registration is transformed into an online process.
- We have dispensed with gifts for guests.
- We ensure that the technology employed at the event is as energy-saving and resource-conserving as possible. Therefore, we give preference to venues with good technical equipment rather than those where the required equipment needs to be installed.