Research and Projects
The research activities of the Simulation Laboratory cover these areas:
- climate modelling and numerical weather prediction
- data analysis of satellite measurements
- inverse modelling and data assimilation
- modelling of atmospheric radiative transfer
- high-performance computing
- scientific visualization
For specific topics please see our publication list.
We are currently associated with these projects:
- BMBF initiative "High-definition Clouds and Precipitation - HD(CP)2"
- NSF program "EarthScope": "Study of the spatial and temporal distribution of atmospheric gravity waves using pressure data from the dense USArray Transportable Array"
We contributed to these projects:
- NASA program "The Science of Terra and Aqua": "Quantifying Gravity Wave Effects on Climate Using High-Resolution Aqua Observations"
- G8 ESC project: "Enabling Climate Simulations at Extreme Scale"
- ESA study: "PREMIER - Consolidation of Requirements and Synergistic Retrieval Algorithms"
- Research cluster "The Reacting Atmosphere - Understanding and Management for Future Generations"