Support, Software, and Data
The Simulation Laboratory provides support for the atmospheric science community:
- Technical advise for supercomputing projects at JSC.
- Participation in the "Simlab Support Calls" issued by JSC.
- Support for community codes used for atmospheric modelling.
- Development of simulation codes for atmospheric radiative transfer.
- Maintenance of archives with climate model and observational data.
The team members can provide assistance for these simulation codes:
- Community Earth System Model (CESM)
- Chemical Lagrangian Model of the Stratosphere (CLaMS)
- ECMWF-Hamburg global climate model (ECHAM)
- Icosahedral non-hydrostatic general circulation model (ICON)
- Modular Earth Submodel System (MESSy)
- Reference Forward Model (RFM)
- Stand-alone AIRS Radiative Transfer Algorithm (SARTA)
- Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF)
Simulation codes developed by the Simulation Labortary:
- Juelich Rapid Spectral Simulation Code (JURASSIC)
- Massive-Parallel Trajectory Calculations (MPTRAC)
- Parallel Radiative Transfer Model for Aerosol and Clouds (PRIMA)
Data archives maintened in Jülich for collaborative research:
- ECMWF Reanalysis (ERA-Interim)
- Atmospheric Infrared Sounder (AIRS)
- Cross-track Infrared Sounder (CrIS)
- Infrared Atmospheric Sounding Interferometer (IASI)
- High Resolution Dynamics Limb Sounder (HIRDLS)
- Michelson Interferometer for Passive Atmospheric Sounding (MIPAS)