Support, Software, and Data
The Simulation Laboratory Climate Science provides user support for the atmospheric science community. This includes:
- Technical advise for supercomputing projects at JSC.
- Participation in the "Simlab Support Calls" issued by JSC.
- Support for community codes used for atmospheric modelling.
- Support for simulation codes for atmospheric radiative transfer.
- Maintenance of metorological reanalyses and satellite data archives.
The team members can provide assistance for these simulation codes:
- Chemical Lagrangian Model of the Stratosphere (CLaMS)
- ECMWF-Hamburg global climate model (ECHAM)
- Icosahedral non-hydrostatic general circulation model (ICON)
- Modular Earth Submodel System (MESSy)
- Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF)
- Reference Forward Model (RFM)
Simulation codes developed by the Simulation Laboratory:
- Juelich Rapid Spectral Simulation Code (JURASSIC)
- Massive-Parallel Trajectory Calculations (MPTRAC)
Data archives on JSC storage systems for collaborative research:
- ECMWF ERA-Interim
- NCAR/NCEP Reanalysis
- Atmospheric Infrared Sounder (AIRS)
- Cross-track Infrared Sounder (CrIS)
- Infrared Atmospheric Sounding Interferometer (IASI)
- High Resolution Dynamics Limb Sounder (HIRDLS)
Michelson Interferometer for Passive Atmospheric Sounding (MIPAS)