Finite temperature and density QCD
- QCD thermodynamics with dynamical overlap fermions
- QCD Thermodynamics with 2+1+1 dynamical quark flavors
- Lattice QCD simulations including electromagnetic and isospin-breaking effects
- Lattice QCD investigations of nuclear and hadronic properties
- Lattice QCD calculation of the leading order hadronic corrections to g-2 of the muon.
- Exploration of Nucleon Structure unsing Lattice QCD
- Precision computation of fK/fπ
Numerical methods and algorithms
- Parallel-in-time integrators
- Massively parallel multilevel methods
- Fault resilience
- Block solvers
The SimLab takes a co-lead of the European Extreme Data & Computing Initiative WP 3.3 "Application roadmaps towards Exascale - Fundamental Sciences".
DFG SFB TRR-55
Here, we take a co-lead in Project B3, which aims to find algorithms for Lattice QCD, and to provide the respective implementations of the software, that could make use of future architectures. Also here, our perspective is Exascale computing.