Simulation Laboratory Plasma Physics
The Plasma Simulation Lab is a research and support group with expertise in advanced simulation techniques needed for tackling the highly nonlinear, multi-dimensional problems prevalent in contemporary plasma theory. One of its main tasks is to actively engage with national and European plasma groups, helping them to harness the world-class supercomputer facilities available at JSC.
- High-level support for supercomputing projects at JSC
- Improving scalability of plasma simulation codes on high-end supercomputers
- Development of advanced numerical algorithms for kinetic and magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) modelling of plasmas
- Hosting of repositories for commonly used codes
- Community building: visitor programme, workshops