The Industry Relations Team of the Jülich Supercomputing Centre
- manages industry-related research projects
- channels commissioned work to experts in the HPC centre
- provides the contact for the provision of computing time to industry.
It serves as a head office for industry outreach by advertising the expertise of the JSC provided by the Simulation Laboratories and Cross-Sectional Teams to industrial companies in the fields of engineering, biology, medicine, and physics. Thereby, the team aims at establishing new industrial collaborations based on both commercial and third-party funded relations.
In other words: We open doors and create connections.
- Provision of taylor-made computing solutions for the industry
- Knowledge transfer and consulting in high performance computing and associated research fields (engineering, biology, medicine, and physics) , see Simulation Labs
- Analysis of simulation code performance and optimization, see Cross-Sectional Team Performance Analysis
- Consulting in hardware suitability - which hardware fits to your simulation problem?
- Porting of simulation codes to different architectures (GPU, accelerators, etc.)
- Computing time on HPC resources at JSC
- Big data analytics
- Training and education (e.g. Python, MPI, …), see courses
- Shared and distributed memory parallelization of complex simulation codes
- Simulation code performance analysis
- Single-core and multi-core performance optimization of simulation codes
- High-performance parallel I/O
- GPU and accelerator programming
- Specific field-related expertises as provided by the Simulation Laboratories
- Decades of experience in running supercomputers and supporting users with highly complex simulation problems
Please feel free to contact:
Dr. Hartmut Fischer (modes of cooperation and contractual affairs including price information):
Phone: +49 2461 61-8808
Fax: +49 2461 61-6656
Dr. Andreas Lintermann (research-related simulation problems):
Phone: +49 2461 61 1754
Fax: +49 2461 61 6656
Dr. Daniel Rohe (usage of HPC resources):
Phone: +49 2461 61-8846