Guide for DECI-Users at the Forschungszentrum Jülich
Information for DECI projects with home site FZJ
How to obtain a PRACE-2IP account
The first prerequisite before you can access the PRACE-2IP infrastructure is a PRACE-2IP account. To apply for it, please use the form for an account for a supercomputing project.
After verification of your email address you will be prompted for your project ID ('pr1dXXXX') which you get from your contact person at JSC. Please follow the instructions. Please also read carefully the following AUP.
Prace 2IP Grid Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- You shall only use the GRID to perform work, or transmit or store data consistent with the stated goals and policies and conditions of use as defined by the body or bodies granting you access.
- You shall not use the GRID for any unlawful purpose and not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any GRID administrative or security controls.
- You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
- You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. private keys or passwords).
- You shall immediately report any known or suspected security breach or misuse of the GRID or access credentials to the incident reporting locations specified by the GRID and to the relevant credential issuing authorities.
- You must notify the Registrar of any changes to your Registration Information.
- Use of the GRID is at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the GRID will be available at any time or that it will suit any purpose.
- Logged information, including information provided by you for registration purposes, is used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes only. This information may be disclosed, via secured mechanisms, only for the same purposes and only as far as necessary to other organizations cooperating with the GRID. Although efforts are made to maintain confidentiality, no guarantees are given.
- The access-granting bodies and Resource Providers are entitled to regulate, suspend or terminate your access, within their domain of authority, and you shall immediately comply with their instructions.
- You are liable for the consequences of you violating any of these conditions of use.
- In case that some or parts of these conditions are invalid or impracticable or if they become invalid or impracticable after the contract is signed, the remainder of the conditions is not affected. Only affected conditions may be substituted by conditions which are most close to the intended ones. This also includes incomplete conditions.
How to obtain a grid user certificate
To be able to access the PRACE-2IP infrastructure you need a certificate conforming to the so-called EUGridPMA. Valid grid certificates are issued by the DFN-Verein or GridKA. Detailed information on how to obtain a grid certificate from DFN-CERT or GridKA can be found on the webpages given here:
When you have a valid certificate, please send it (just the public certificate, not your private key!) to Stefanie Janetzko (firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +49 2461 61-1502) or email@example.com.
For further information about using your certificate in UNICORE please have a look in the PRACE-2IP primer.
General Information for using the FZJ systems
In this section you find information about running Jobs on the FZJ systems, but for further information please have also a look in the PRACE-2IP primer or the FZJ documentation of the systems:
The PRACE-2IP CPE can be accessed using "module load prace".
Using JUROPA via ssh
Please, upload your public ssh-key first. It will be stored in the JUROPA $HOME/.ssh directory
Using JUROPA via gsissh
Access to JUROPA via gsissh is currently not possible but will be available soon.
Using JUROPA via UNICORE
JUROPA can be accessed using UNICORE. For an example job please have a look into the PRACE-2IP primer.
Even if you prefer ssh you might be interested that there is SSH available also from the UNICORE client. If you have any questions or want to know how to create a UNICORE job that fits your special requirements please don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
If you are interested in a command line interface to UNICORE resources which is independent from SSH you might be interested that PRACE-2IP provides such an interface called DESHL, also described in the PRACE-2IP primer.
General - Prioritized way of contact
Principle Investigator DECI-Projects
Prace Support Team, email@example.com, Tel. +49 2461 61-2828
Stefanie Janetzko, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +49 2461 61-1502
Michael Rambadt, email@example.com, Tel. +49 2461 61-4340