How to Apply for Computing Time on Supercomputers at JSC
Project applications for the supercomputers JUQUEEN and JUROPA may be submitted by any scientist qualified in his or her respective field of research. Computing resources are allocated on the basis of independent referees' reports. Apart from the scientific relevance of the project, an important criterion for the allocation of computing resources is that the project can make reasonable use of the computer and use a large number of processors in parallel in the computations.
Computing time periods are yearly - with the possibility of application twice per year - and will begin 1 May and 1 November each year. The next computing time period will begin 1 May 2014 and will end 30 April 2015.
The next call for proposals will be open on 28 July 2014. The deadline for the next application (period from 1 November 2014 to 31 October 2015) is 29 August 2014, 17:00.
- current NIC call for proposals (in German) on JUQUEEN and JUROPA:
- GCS Call for Large Scale Projects on JUQUEEN, SuperMUC and HORNET:
current VSR call for proposals (Forschungszentrum Jülich internal, in German)
European scientists from outside of Germany should apply for computing time on JUQUEEN via PRACE.
Aachen and Jülich scientists should apply for JUQUEEN via the JARA-HPC Partition.
- Project application for JUQUEEN
- Guidelines for a JUQUEEN project application
- Project application for JUROPA
- Guidelines for a JUROPA project application
- Project application via PRACE