How to Apply for Computing Time on Supercomputers at JSC
Project applications for the supercomputers JUQUEEN and JURECA may be submitted by any scientist qualified in his or her respective field of research. Computing resources are allocated on the basis of independent referees' reports. Apart from the scientific relevance of the project, an important criterion for the allocation of computing resources is that the project can make reasonable use of the computer and use a large number of processors in parallel in the computations.
Computing time periods are yearly - with the possibility of application twice per year - and will begin 1 May and 1 November each year. The next call for proposals will open on 25 January 2016. The deadline for the next application (period from 1 May 2016 to 30 April 2017) is 29 February 2016, 17:00.
- current NIC call for proposals (in German) on JUQUEEN and JURECA:
- GCS Call for Large Scale Projects on JUQUEEN, SuperMUC and Hazel Hen:
current VSR call for proposals (Forschungszentrum Jülich internal, in German)
European scientists from outside of Germany should apply for Blue/Gene Q computing time via PRACE.
Aachen and Jülich scientists should apply for JUQUEEN via the JARA-HPC Partition.
- Project application for JUQUEEN
- Guidelines for a JUQUEEN project application
- Project application for JURECA
- Guidelines for a JURECA project application
- Project application via PRACE
- Project application for JUQUEEN and JURECA via JARA-HPC Partition
- NEW: Application for Preparatory Access to JSC Supercomputing and Support Resources