How to Apply for Computing Time on Supercomputers at JSC
Applications for resources on the supercomputers JUQUEEN and JURECA have to be filed in general by applicants, who are employed at universities or research facilities in Germany; here, the nationality of the applicant ("Principle investigator, PI") does not play a role. Applicants from Europe but outside of Germany are advised of the possibility to apply at PRACE.
The Principal Investigator (PI) must have a proven scientific record (preferable a PhD or comparable degree) and must be able to successfully accomplish the proposed tasks.
Computing resources are allocated on the basis of independent referees' reports. Apart from the scientific relevance of the project, an important criterion for the allocation of computing resources is that the project can make reasonable use of the computer and use a large number of processors in parallel in the computations.
Computing time periods are yearly - with the possibility of application twice per year - and will begin 1 May and 1 November each year. The current call for proposals opened on 25 July 2016. The deadline for the next application (period from 1 November 2016 to 31 October 2017) is 26 August 2016, 17:00.
- current NIC call for proposals (in German) on JUQUEEN and JURECA:
- GCS Call for Large Scale Projects on JUQUEEN, SuperMUC and Hazel Hen:
- current VSR call for proposals (Forschungszentrum Jülich internal, in German)
Aachen and Jülich scientists should apply for JUQUEEN via the JARA-HPC Partition.
- Project application for JUQUEEN
- Guidelines for a JUQUEEN project application
- Project application for JURECA
- Guidelines for a JURECA project application
- Project application via PRACE
- Project application for JUQUEEN and JURECA via JARA-HPC Partition
- NEW: Application for Preparatory Access to JSC Supercomputing and Support Resources
Coordination Office for the Allocation of Computing Time
Jülich Supercomputing Centre
Phone.: 02461 61-2200
Fax: 02461 61-2430