Guidelines to form and content of a project application for the General-Purpose Supercomputer JUROPA in Jülich
Applications should be submitted in English.
Please structure the project application in the following way:
Detailed description of the project
The project description should comprise the following:
- Outline of the scientific problem and your approach towards its solution (with references)
- Description of previous work in this field, exploratory studies including the experience and results obtained (with references)
- Statement of the scientific goals of the research project
- Description of the physical and mathematical methods employed in the project, including numerical algorithms
- Detailed schedule of the project; in the case of an extension of the project, please give details about any changes of your plans.
- In case this is a continuation of a previous project, we ask you to describe mainly the changes in the project from the previous year's application and to upload the previous application as supplementary material.
Status report / Final report
In case this is a continuation of a previous project, or, if you have completed a previous project, a status report or final report, respectively, is necessary. It should be included after the description of the project in the same PDF-file and should contain the following informations:
- The concrete results which were obtained in the last computing period.
- Statements about the use of the computer in your project with respect to performance, scaling behaviour, main storage requirements and disk storage requirements.
- The publications which were published in peer reviewed journals in this time (no conference contributions or posters).
- Ph.D. theses which were completed within the project (please give name of the author and the subject of the thesis).
- Attractive colour pictures which were created in your project to present your results, which can be interesting for a general public. We would ask your permission to use these pictures in publications about JSC or NIC.
Please follow the example project application with respect to form, content, and size:
The project application has to be uploaded to the electronic questionnaire as a pdf file (please, do not include any supporting material in this file).
If you wish to add supplemental material to the project description (only unpublished manuscripts etc.), please collect that in a second pdf file. Also this file you will have to upload to the electronic questionnaire.