This document explains how to obtain information about the accounting mode and the current quota status.
Job accounting is done via a central database in JSC and the information about JUROPA/HPC-FF jobs will be completed once a day around midnight, based on information obtained from MOAB. Users get information about their current quota status or the usage of single jobs by using the command
which calls the information from the database. See detailed description below.
- users will be charged for wallclocktime, i.e. for the time the nodes are occupied
- applications will be charged for complete nodes, regardless of the number of cpus used
- if the cpu quota is used up, the jobs will automatically get a lower priority, and will start only if no other jobs are waiting. In case new quota is assigned, jobs submitted from this time on automatically get higher priority again, but jobs already queued have to be resubmitted to obtain normal priority again.
- quota bigger than a certain limit is granted on a monthly basis, jobs can be scheduled with normal priority until three monthly quotas (current, previous and next month) are exhausted
- users will be informed by mail, if they run out of cpu quota or if new quota is assigned
|q_cpuquota <options>||Show values of granted and used cpu quota|
|-h juropa||For JUROPA only|
|-h hpcff||For HPC-FF only|
|-j <jobstepid>||For a single job|
|-t <time>||For all jobs in the specified time period e.g. -t 01.09.2009-23.09.2009|
|-d <number>||For last number of days (positive integer)|