Grids and Clouds are the most prominent appearances of distributed computing. Through research on resource and data management, workflows, virtualisation, and security JSC fosters the easy and secure access to distributed systems and data that builds the foundation for the exploitation of results across scientific domains.
The research on distributed computing is focussed on applications and their requirements in federated environments:
- Data Management investigates the data life cycle of applications and strategies, methods, tools and services required for all processing steps.
- Data Analytics addresses techniques and methods for analysing Big Data sets.
- Application Support deals directly with applications and their integration into distributed environments.
- Federations provide a basis for distributed environments by developing the necessary tools and services, e.g. for identity management or data processing models.
- Standardisation lays the foundations for the interoperability of federated computing and data infrastructures.