- Berufsfelderkundungstag Pflanzenwissenschaften für die Bioökonomie am 16.05.17
- SPD-Vorsitzender Martin Schulz im Forschungszentrum
- Fünf Millionen Euro für gemeinsamen Antrag von Düsseldorf, Jülich und Köln
- Besser Maniok anbauen in Thailand
- Bridging the gap between lab and field.
- BioSC Vorreiter in Sachen Klimaschutz
Plants are the basis for nourishment of a growing world population with changing needs. They are the basis for a future bio-economy of renewable raw materials and resources as well as the starting material for the energetic utilization of biomass. Plants are key elements in approaches to climate change and the preservation of biological diversity.
New technologies such as (non-invasive) pheno-typing with non-invasive methods, modern technologies for plant breeding or modeling and simulation of the interaction genome-environment coupled with bio-informatics open up new approaches to understanding but also for practical implementation of a knowledge-based use of plants for the bio-economy.