- WINNER of the Falling Walls competition: Hannah Schneider
- Innovative Ideen für die Welt von morgen
- Adlerholz: Wettlauf zwischen Aufforsten und Aussterben
- Neue Ausschreibung von Doktorandenstellen im Rahmen des IBG-2-Graduiertenprogramms “Quantitative Plant Science”. Jetzt bewerben!
- New Advertisement of PhD positions within the IBG-2 graduate program “Quantitative Plant Sciences”. Apply now!
- Die Vermessung von Nutzpflanzen
Plants are the basis for nourishment of a growing world population with changing needs. They are the basis for a future bio-economy of renewable raw materials and resources as well as the starting material for the energetic utilization of biomass. Plants are key elements in approaches to climate change and the preservation of biological diversity.
New technologies such as (non-invasive) pheno-typing with non-invasive methods, modern technologies for plant breeding or modeling and simulation of the interaction genome-environment coupled with bio-informatics open up new approaches to understanding but also for practical implementation of a knowledge-based use of plants for the bio-economy.