- The International Helmholtz Research School BioSoft offers three-year PhD projects and financial support.
- The Research School is open to highly-qualified and motivated applicants from all over the world.
- Applicants should hold a Master's degree in biology, chemistry, physics or related subjects.
- The Research School is committed to an equal opportunity policy. We welcome and encourage the application of qualified female candidates.
Forschungszentrum Jülich, the universities of Düsseldorf and Cologne, and Forschungszentrum caesar Bonn offer projects for a PhD thesis.
Our online registration form for the pre-selection is quick and easy to fill in! You can send it off to us in five minutes, although it will take you a little bit longer if you decide to write us a short letter of motivation, explaining why you are applying to IHRS BioSoft in general and your specific group(s) in particular.
The online application form has been activated on April 4. In case you have already downloaded the offline application form, you may still submit your application with the old set of documents for the preselection on May 7. We have successfully tested the application form using several browers and operating systems, but some applicants experience technical problems:
- In case you do not receive an immediate email confirmation, please do assume that your application has not been submitted successfully.
- You might receive error messages in the preview step, even though you have entered the data correctly.
In both cases, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a link to the offline application form. It would also be great if you could provide us with the following information:
- your operating system
- your web browser including version
- If there is an error message, such as "error in following form fields", please send us the link that you should find if you click on the form field listed at the end of the error message.
We process applications on the first Wednesday of each month. All application forms that have been submitted by this date will be reviewed by our coordination office and the faculty members. If you are successful in the pre-selection, we will invite you to submit the complete application documents, including your CV and your university transcripts. The pre-selection will take one week and the review of the complete application documents another two weeks. After submission of the complete set of documents, successful applicants will be invited for an interview with our faculty members.