Scientific and Technical Council
The Scientific and Technical Council (WTR) advises the Partners’ Meeting, the Supervisory Board and the Management Board on all issues associated with the strategic orientation of Forschungszentrum Jülich and on all scientific and technical issues of general importance. These include the key research objectives and tasks of Forschungszentrum Jülich, its contributions to research programmes, its organizational structure, and cooperations with universities and other research institutions.
The following are members of the Scientific and Technical Council:
- directors of institutes,
- elected representatives of the scientific and technical employees of Forschungszentrum Jülich,
- one representative each of the universities with which joint professorial appointments have been made, nominated by the universities,
- a member of the Works Council or his/her deputy, both of them scientific or technical employees, and
- other members, who need not be employees of Forschungszentrum Jülich.
WTR performs its duties in the form of:
- plenary sessions, usually convened three times per financial year,
- the Main Committee, which usually meets monthly,
- the chairman and his deputies,
- and, if applicable, further committees and working groups.
Prof. Dr. Hans Ströher (Nuclear Physics Institute)
Prof. Dr. Astrid Kiendler-Scharr (Institute of Energy and Climate Research)
Prof. Dr. Markus Büscher (Peter Grünberg Institute)