Palestinian-German Bridge PGSB
The Palestinian-German Science Bridge is a pilot project financed by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research BMBF and implemented jointly by Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH and Palestinian Academy for Science and Technology PALAST to develop a joint research and education programme.
It provides the most brilliant science and technology graduates from Palestinian universities with access to state-of-the-art equipment for the experimental part of their Master thesis and the possibility to follow-up with a PhD thesis project in Jülich. After successful completion, PGSB alumni are expected to return to a Palestinian university to establish their own research groups in science and technology, contribute to the development of new PhD programmes there, and thus create the nucleus of a Palestinian science and technology infrastructure.
- Provide access for Palestinian students to Jülich’s scientific infrastructure
- Assist Jülich in recruiting the brightest students from Palestinian universities for Bachelor, Master and PhD projects
- Transfer knowledge to Palestinian universities in the development of Graduate and Research Programmes
- Facilitate the mobility and exchange of students and academics in both directions
- Give highly qualified and motivated Palestinian scientists a perspective for adequate career opportunities – in Palestine, Germany, or worldwide.
- Support the peace-making efforts of both countries in the area
- Continued cooperation with returning PGSB alumni as they establish their own research groups and set up PhD programmes at Palestinian universities.
- Establish critical mass to create a nucleus for the development of a national science and technology infrastructure in Palestine.