C, S, O, N, H-Analysis
Description of method
For the determination of C and S, the sample is burned in flowing oxygen by radiofrequency heating after the addition of combustion aids and, if necessary, substances making it electrically conductive. The reaction products CO - after conversion into CO2- and SO2 are determined via their infrared absorption.
For the analysis of O, N and H, the samples are heated in flowing helium gas in a graphite crucible by means of resistance heating. O is determined as CO2, H is determined as H2O by infrared absorption, N2 by thermal conductivity detection.
Features of C, S, O, N, H analysis
- The methods are suitable for the rapid determination of C and S or N, O and H in metals, minerals, rock and ceramic materials
- Analysis times of generally a few minutes per sample
- High accuracy and reproducibility of the analysis results using calibration standards (RSD: 1-3%)
- The instrumental detection limit is 0.5 µg g-1
As a rule, no sample preparation is necessary.
- Crushing, degreasing, pickling, where required
- Leco CS 600 carbon/sulphur determinator
- Leco TCH 600 nitrogen/oxygen/hydrogen determinator
Steels, nonferrous metals, Ni-base alloys, ODS alloys, ores, rock, soils, superconductors, ceramic materials, shale oil, kerogen concentrates, perovskites