The facility currently has the following vacancy
Head of the Helmholtz Nano Facility of Forschungszentrum Jülich
- Line management and functional management responsibilities, particularly helping to motivate and further the professional development of 37 highly specialized employees as part of an interdisciplinary collaboration with Forschungszentrum Jülich.
- Professional support of internal and external users
- Development and implementation of new technologies at HNF
- Further development of quality management and reliability management for component manufacturing technologies based on a comprehensive understanding of device physics and state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques
- Discussions and negotiations with external users and enterprises. Preparation of quotations for external customers for R&D contracts and services
- Further development and implementation of a sustainable technology strategy in line with the requirements of users, institutes, and customers
- Creation of a service portfolio based on user requirements
- Management of technology projects to update HNF infrastructure
- Responsibility for quality management and vocational training and continuing professional development at HNF
- Acquisition of external customers
- Doctoral degree in electrical engineering, physics, micro- and nanoegineering, or a similar relevant field
- Service-driven approach when dealing with users
- Outstanding technical expertise and extensive experience in the development of micro- and nanotechnology
- Engineering know-how in the fields of ultrapure water technology, gas supply systems, ventilation technology, sensors, safety technology, structural engineering, plant engineering, clean room technology, and industrial safety
- Knowledge of all DIN ISO standards and regulations governing the operation of a clean room
- Comprehensive experience in dealing with and managing research-oriented user facilities or similar experience in a technical management position or technological management
- Experience in using and programming audit and management systems for research laboratories for order processing or for project management (ideally Stratocore PPMS)
- Enthusiastic approach to the search for solutions to complex technical and scientific issues
- Motivation to manage employees as well as outstanding leadership skills (both functional and more general) in combination with excellent communication skills in both German and English
- Interest and an ability to work in cross-functional teams and a multicultural environment
- Native speaker level of written and spoken German and a very good command of English
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We support you in your work with:
- A state-of-the-art clean room (ISO 1-3 classes) complete with modern equipment
- A diverse and challenging range of tasks in an international research environment for a collaborative and inclusive leadership personality
- A permanent position in the public service
- Ideal conditions for balancing work and private life, as well as a family-friendly corporate policy
- Flexible working hours, the option of slightly reduced working hours, and 30 days of annual leave
- A large research campus in a verdant surrounding, ideally situated between Cologne, Düsseldorf, and Aachen
- Your employment will begin on 1 July 2023 at the earliest and allow for a sufficient handover with the current holder of the post
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
We offer you an exciting and varied role in an international and interdisciplinary working environment as well as a long-term position with a guaranteed future based on a permanent contract with an employer funded by the federal and state governments. Salary and social benefits will conform to the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service depending on the applicant’s qualifications and the precise nature of the tasks assigned to them.
We look forward to receiving applications from people with a diverse range of backgrounds (e. g. regardless of age, gender, disabilities, sexual orientation/identity, as well as social, ethnic, and religious background). We strive to offer a diverse and inclusive working environment in which people enjoy equal opportunities and are able to fulfil their potential.
We look forward to receiving your application. The job will be advertised until the position has been successfully filled. You should therefore submit your application as soon as possible.Apply now
Questions about the offer?
Please feel free to contact us via our contact form.
Please note that for technical reasons we cannot accept applications by e-mail.