Register now for the International Conference "Kraftwerk Batterie - Advanced Battery Power"
Battery Experts Meet in Aachen
The 15th edition of the international symposium "Kraftwerk Batterie - Advanced Battery Power" provides insights into current developments and innovative trends in the battery world. The conference in English language will take place at Eurogress Aachen on April 27 and 28, 2023, and covers the entire supply chain of batteries. Renowned keynotes, lectures, discussion panels, and a poster session combined with a trade exhibition offer science and industry the opportunity to inform themselves in detail and to network.
Renowned Keynote Speakers from All Over the World
Leading keynote speakers highlight the diversity of battery research and applications:
- Prof. Y. Shirley Meng is Professor of Molecular Engineering at the Pritzker School of Molecular Engineering and Chief Scientist of the Argonne Collaborative Center for Energy Storage Science (ACCESS) Argonne National Laboratory. In her presentation, she addresses the advanced characterization for lithium metal batteries.
Prof. Markus Hölzle is member of the ZSW Managing Board and Head of the Electrochemical Energy Technologies division in Ulm. He highlights new active materials being explored to develop technologies and production processes for sustainable batteries.
- Prof. Simon Lux is Professor of Applied Electrochemical Energy Storage Technology at the University of Münster as well as Director of the Fraunhofer Research Institution for Battery Cell Production Cell FFB. His presentation will focus on the development of a large infrastructure for battery cell production research.
- Prof. David Howey is Professor of Engineering Science at the University of Oxford, and Official Fellow at St Hilda’s College, Oxford. In his presentation, he will explain how battery health diagnosis in real-world applications can be used.
- Prof. Egbert Figgemeier is Group Leader at Helmholtz Institute Münster of Forschungszentrum Jülich and holds the Chair for Aging and Reliability of Batteries at RWTH Aachen University. He explores why pre-lithiation is an enabler for silicon-based electrodes and on the verge of industrialization.
- Dr Thomas Soczka-Guth has been working at Daimler AG in Stuttgart since 2000 in various areas of responsibility in fuel cell and battery development. At the conference, he focuses on the electrification of light and heavy commercial vehicles.
All information about the program can be found here. The established conference is hosted by the Institute for Power Electronics and Electrical Drives (ISEA) of RWTH Aachen University, MEET Battery Research Center of the University of Münster, Helmholtz Institute Münster of Forschungszentrum Jülich and Haus der Technik (Essen).
Battery Day NRW on April 26, 2023
The day before the conference, on April 26, 2023, the Battery Day NRW takes place. It presents products, services and achievements of companies and institutions in North-Rhine Westphalia which are active in the battery technology and application market. In a start-up session, founders from NRW will present how the leap from research to industry can be made and which business ideas are new to the market. The event language is German.
Further information and registration for the events can be found on the event website.