Physical Modeling and Diagnostics
The PMD division combines the modeling of performance and degradation with the model-based development of diagnostic methods and tools. We work on the meso- to macroscale, striving to understand the relations between structures and properties of materials and guide the design of optimally functioning components and cells for electrochemical energy devices like fuel cells, batteries, supercapacitors and electrolyzers.
- modeling of porous electrodes
- structure-property-performance relations for complex materials
- coupling of reaction and transport
- nonlinear dynamics
- population balance models
- sensitivity analysis and parameter identification