Scientific Advisory Council
The Scientific Advisory Council (WB) advises Forschungszentrum Jülich on all scientific and technical issues of general importance. This includes, for example, Jülich’s strategy and planning activities, promoting the optimal use of research facilities, and issues related to cooperations with universities and other research institutions.
The Scientific Advisory Council consists of members who are not employees of Forschungszentrum Jülich. As a rule, they are appointed by the Supervisory Board for a period of five years. The chairman of the Scientific Advisory Council is a member of the Supervisory Board.
- Dr. Heike Riel, IBM, Switzerland (Chairman)
- Prof. Barbara Chapman, University of Houston, USA
- Dr. Frank-Detlef Drake, RWE AG, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Knoll, AIT, Austria
- Prof. Dr. Toni M. Kutchan, Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, USA
- Prof. Dr. Karen Maex, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Dr. Peter Nagler, Evonik AG, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Eva Pebay-Peyroula, ANR, France
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Roser, Brookhaven National Laboratory, USA
- Prof. Dr. Elke Scheer, University of Konstanz, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Horst Simon, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA
- Prof. Dr. Metin Tolan, TU Dortmund University, Germany