Their PhD projects are integrated into Jülich’s research priorities. Doctoral degrees are conferred by one of Jülich’s many partner universities. Furthermore, the young scientists acquire key qualifications for their future careers within the framework of the programme for PhD students offered at Jülich. Examples include soft skills such as how to manage a project and present research findings.
Being a PhD student at Jülich means that you are assigned outstanding supervisors, work in an inspiring environment, and have secure job perspectives.
Advantages for PhD students at Forschungszentrum Jülich:
- Research at the interfaces of scientific disciplines
- Fostering of individual talents
- Outstanding facilities and an excellent infrastructure
- Long-term perspectives with a funded PhD
- Doctorate within three years
- Training in key competencies
- Close cooperation with scientists and intensive supervision in the institutes
- Close contact to other PhD students
Undergraduates and PhD students at Forschungszentrum Jülich have set up their own support network: Studium Universale. As part of this initiative, they meet regularly, encourage interdisciplinary communication, and organize lectures and podium discussions for all members of staff at Jülich.