Positions for PhD, Master and Bachelor theses
IEK 4 – Plasma Physics offers opportunities for theses in a wide range of topics. For this reason, a direct contact for identification of a topic in the fields of theory and modelling, experiment, or hardware development is recommended.
Relevant experiments to participate in are, e.g., JET in Culham (England), Wendelstein 7-X in Greifswald, ASDEX Upgrade in Garching
We offer topics for physicists, chemists, and engineers on
• Plasma-wall interaction studies at lab experiments in Jülich.
• Development and testing of innovative materials for extreme loads.
• Participation in experiment campaigns at JET, AUG, W7-X and others.
• Development of diagnostic systems for Wendelstein 7-X.
• Participation in hardware development for diagnostic systems at ITER.
• Studies for future fusion power plants (DEMO).
• Theory and modelling for extrapolation of experimental results to a fusions power plant. Development of computer codes for simulation of edge plasma and plasma-wall interaction processes.
We provide theses in collaboration with universities:
• Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf
• Ruhr-University Bochum
• RWTH Aachen
• University of Gent (Belgium)
Others could be proposed by candidates if a supervisor is available.
For preparation, please contact the director of the institute, Prof. Christian Linsmeier.
IEK-4 Plasma Physics
Prof. Dr. Christian Linsmeier