EU Research Funding
Successful participation in EU funding instruments and strategic activities within the current EU Framework Program for Research and Innovation HORIZON EUROPE is a focus of Jülich’s internationalization strategy Internationalization@Jülich. The main goals are the acquisition of individual grants, such as the ERC grants, as well as the participation in collaborative projects, especially in a coordinating role. This, as well as positioning them within the European context, is intended to raise the visibility of Jülich’s research topics and establish the Forschungszentrum as an excellent partner for research and innovation in Europe.
The EU research funding team advises and supports Jülich’s scientists and Board of Directors in relation to activities at the European level. At the heart of this is Horizon Europe, the EU’s current framework programme for research and innovation.
In close collaboration with the Brussels Office of the Helmholtz Association, we also keep you informed of the latest news and developments regarding EU research funding.
- Strategic advice and support with all Horizon Europe applications. Our colleagues from External Funding Management (D) are happy to offer advice on administrative issues relating to application processes and project execution.
- Intensive support for European Research Council (ERC) applications
- personal support with applications (strategic orientation; structural & formal analysis)
- interview and presentation training & (information) events with RWTH Aachen University as part of the JARA collaboration
- financial support in the form of lump-sum contributions, irrespective of funding lines, performance categories, and resubmissions.
Further details are provided in this circular. You can find the application form in Forschungszentrum Jülich’s Form Management System.
- Organization of workshops and information events with external experts and testimonials. We always welcome your suggestions for topics and are happy to organize workshops tailored to your institute or working group.
- Advice on strategic initiatives (e.g. Horizon Europe missions) and support in positioning your institute or working group on the European level (e.g. position papers, consultations).
- Establishing contact for EU activities. We identify suitable contact partners for you and your project through our contacts in Brussels and the Federal Government's topic- and instrument-specific national contact points.
Head of section
Overview of Horizon Europe
Horizon Europe (duration: 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2027) is the successor programme to Horizon 2020 and is therefore the 9th EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation. It aims to support and strengthen the entire system of research and innovation in Europe.
The calls for proposals are oriented to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the European Commission’s priorities, particularly with regard to a green and digital Europe.The framework programme’s structure consists of three pillars as well as a section dedicated to widening participation and strengthening the European Research Area.
The presentations given by members of the Brussels Office of the Helmholtz Association as part of the Horizon Europe information event in April 2021 can be found here.