We are looking to recruit a
Scientist - Research Data Management
- You will be responsible for the implementation of central search services within the research data infrastructures developed by FAIRAgro
- You will contribute to the development of an inventory service which will provide a searchable overview of all available infrastructures and repositories that are integrated in FAIRAgro
- You will be closely interacting with colleagues involved in other research data management topics
- You will present the scientific results at project meetings and international conferences and publish them in high-ranking scientific journals
- University Degree in computer science, bioinformatics, or equivalent qualification
- Very good knowledge in database design and database application programming
- Excellent team spirit, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated programming skills in data manipulation using tools such R, Python and SQL
- Excellent English skills, both written and spoken
- German skills are a plus
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We support you in your work with:
- A large research campus with green spaces, offering the best possible means for networking with colleagues and pursuing sports alongside work
- Interdisciplinary Data Science in a highly productive research project
- Extensive further training offer
- A wide range of offers for combining work and family
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
We offer you an exciting and varied role in an international and interdisciplinary working environment. The position is for a fixed term of 4,5 years, with possible long-term prospects. Salary and social benefits will conform to the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund), pay group 13, depending on the applicant’s qualifications and the precise nature of the tasks assigned to them.
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
We look forward to receiving your application. The job will be advertised until the position has been successfully filled. You should therefore submit your application as soon as possible.Apply now
Questions about the offer?
Please feel free to contact us via our contact form.
Please note that for technical reasons we cannot accept applications by e-mail.