Workshop on Collecting and Analysing Experimental Data of Pedestrian Dynamics
Directly after the foremost conference in the field of pedestrian dynamics, the Pedestrian and Evacuation Dynamics ’14 (PED 2014) in Delft, we want to invite all interested scientists to a workshop on collecting and analysing experimental data. We want to share our vast experience with everyone who is planning to execute experiments in this field or analyse data of these experiments especially to validate and calibrate mathematical models.
Topics we will address are
- technical aspects to capture data,
- automatic extraction of individual trajectories,
- quantitive evaluation of the trajectories,
- examples of findings,
- calibration and validation of models.
The workshop will last one day and will take place on 27 October 2014 at Forschungszentrum Jülich in Jülich, Germany.
The workshop will be held by members of the division Civil Security and Traffic at the Jülich Supercomputing Centre (room: VR-Rotunde, 301) and will cost 80 Euro for expenses.
Experiments, Technique, Extraction of trajectories
Demonstration of extraction workflow
Analysis of pedestrian dynamics
Differences in analysis methods, Examples of findings
Calibration and validation of models
For accommodation, beside hotels in Jülich, we recommend hotels in Aachen, because of a direct bus connection between Aachen and Jülich, e.g.:
- Hotel Kaiserhof, Jülich (closer to the venue), train destination station is "Jülich", not "Jülich Forschungszentrum"
- Hotel ibis budget, Aachen (larger and historical city), near bus station to Jülich, called "Aachen, Bushof" (direct bus connection)
Please register to the workshop by sending this form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The end of registration is 10 October 2014.