Training course "HPC & ANSYS Fluent"
(Course no. 3352019 in the training programme 2019 of Forschungszentrum Jülich)
The course is intended for all new or occasional (ANSYS) CFD users.
The course is given in English.
26-28 November 2019, 09:00-16:30
Jülich Supercomputing Centre, Ausbildungsraum 1, building 16.3, room 213a
Number of participants:
minimum 5, maximum 24
Dr. Thomas Frank, Leibniz-Rechenzentrum Garching (LRZ)
Dr. Seong-Ryong Koh
Phone: +49 2461 61-96632
Please register email@example.com
until 8 November 2019.
If you do not belong to the staff of Forschungszentrum Jülich, we need these data for registration:
Given name, name, birthday, nationality, complete home address, email address
- CFD Workflows and Recommended Best Practices
- Introduction to ANSYS Fluent
- Basic Linux OS “survival guide”
Intro to basic CFD workflows and program interfaces:
- General understanding of the CFD process: CFD Setup -> CFD Solver -> Postprocessing
- Steady state vs. transient flows
- Physics modeling: BC’s, initialization, turbulence, heat transfer
- Convergence control & solver monitoring, assuring results accuracy, BPG’s
High-performance computing (HPC)
- Intro to JSC HPC Systems
- CFD in JSC batch queuing system SLURM
- Advanced topics: CFD automation/scripting, remote visualization
Participants are expected to have experience in
- Fluid Mechanics ≥ Finished Master level
- CFD / ANSYS Fluent – Beginner level
- Linux OS – Basic knowledge
- HPC – Basic knowledge