Next Generation Architectures and Prototypes
This Research Group develops novel system architectures and builds hardware prototypes as proof-of-concept.
The performance and capabilities of an HPC system depend on the hardware components that compose it, and on how these are combined at system level. We work together with partners from industry and academia to investigate cutting-edge processor, network, and memory technologies, and combine these in novel system architectures. One major result of this research is the Modular Supercomputing Architecture (MSA).
- Modular Supercomputing Architecture (MSA)
- Technology exploration and testing
- Hardware prototyping
- Software development (in collaboration with RG Software for Modular Supercomputers)
- Codesign at system and component level
- gem5 simulations
- Application porting to MSA
- Benchmarking and characterisation
Prof. Dr. Estela Suarez
Building 16.4 / Room 222