Mandatory placements during university studies
University course regulations often require students to put academic theory into practice in the form of a placement during their studies.
- The duration of the placement is governed by course regulations (minimum duration).
- An expense allowance may be paid. The rate depends on the duration of the placement and the nature of the work.
Placements are possible in all areas of Forschungszentrum Jülich: in the scientific institutes as well as the technical and administrative infrastructure. If you are interested in coming to Jülich for your mandatory placement, we look forward to your application.
Your application should include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- CV (also stating any voluntary work or memberships in clubs, societies, or associations)
- School leaving certificate
- Any references or letters of recommendation from previous employment or placements
- Current transcript of studies
- Certificate of enrolment at a university and proof of placement requirement (including information on the duration)
In your cover letter, please include the following information:
- Type of placement you are looking for
- Information on your preferred area of specialization or occupation and/or the infrastructure division or institute you are interested in (ideally, you should state one or two alternatives)
- Specific information on the preferred time period for the placement and any alternative
Ideally, you should send your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you may also post your application to
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Zentrale Berufsausbildung (P-Z)
We would ask you not to send your documents in an application folder. Incoming applications will be forwarded to different institutes, which is easier for us to do without a folder. This is also a more environmentally friendly option.
More Tips on Applying for a Job are available on our careers portal.
Renate Rabe / Michael Mathar-Heimke
Vocational Training Centre (P-Z)
Information on placements: +49 2461 61-5622
Timing your application
Finding a suitable position for a work placement will generally take some time. Since placements at Forschungszentrum Jülich are also in great demand, we recommend that you apply in good time, ideally six months before you would like to start your placement.