Introduction and training "Intel KNL Many-Core - usage and profiling"
(Course no. 12720182 in the training programme 2018 of Forschungszentrum Jülich)
- This course is exclusively for users of JSC's supercomputers JUWELS and JURECA
- Participants need to bring their own laptop and need to be able to access JURECA from it
Users of the supercomputers in Jülich
User account on and basic knowledge of JURECA or JUWELS
|Agenda of Introduction and training "Intel KNL Many-Core - usage and profiling"|
This course is given in English.
3-6 September 2018,
starting on 3 September at 11:00, ending on 6 September at 12:00
Jülich Supercomputing Centre, Rotunda, building 16.4, room 301
Number of participants:
Representatives of Intel, JSC staff members
The Research Centre Juelich has extended its general purpose supercomputing system JURECA with a Booster module based on Intel’s KNL architecture. The aim of this course is to give users of the supercomputing resources an introductory overview of the KNL architecture and its usage, and to help them in making efficient use of their allocated resources.
Topics covered include
- Overview of the KNL architecture
- Building code for KNL
- Analysing code correctness and performance
- Roof-line analysis
- Performance tuning
- "Bring-your-own-code" hands-on sessions
- Special topics depending on users' interest
This course is exclusively for users of JSC’s supercomputers JUWELS and JURECA. Participants need to bring their own laptop and need to be able to access JURECA from it.