Summer School 2023
The Jülich Supercomputing Centre will host the summer school on “Quantum Information Processing – Applications on Gate-based and Annealing Systems” from August 28 to september 01, 2023. The school focuses on hands-on experiences in developing and implementing algorithms on both gate-based devices and quantum annealers. Therefore the attendees will make use of JUNIQ's cloud-programming platform to access quantum devices located at the Jülich Supercomputing Centre. The hands-on sessions will be accompanied by several lectures covering basic concepts of gate-based and annealing systems, the design and implementation of use-cases, and big-picture lectures, all given by experts from the field. The spring school will be complemented by a poster session where attendees present their research activities to each other.
Introduction to gate-based quantum computing, introduction to quantum annealing, formulating QUBO problems, Ising Hamiltonians, Variational Quantum Eigensolvers, Quantum Approximate Optimization Algorithm, simulation of quantum systems, classical vs quantum optimization
- The school is taylored to PhD students from the field of quantum computing in their first years, however, this is not a requirement for participation.
- To register for on-site participation applications must be submitted. To submit your application and to get further information, please see our registration page.
- It is also possible to participate remotely. To register for remote participation please register here.
Costs & Services
The participation fee is 350 € including
- one week of interesting talks given by experts from the field,
- hands-on sessions in small groups supervised by experts,
- lunch and coffee/tee on all days,
- dinner on the first and the last evening,
- a city tour in the medieval centre of Aachen,
- a ticket for public transport between Aachen and Jülich for the full week,
- and a welcome-bag.