The Central Library is responsible for supplying the employees of Forschungszentrum Jülich with a comprehensive and high-quality range of literature and information.
It provides services in the fields of documentation, publication, and information management.
Some of these services extend far beyond those traditionally offered by libraries:
- Coordination of Forschungszentrum Jülich’s information portal including access to national and international databases JuLib eXtended Information Portal
- Provision of literature and information
- Advisory and information services (Literature Search, Scientific Publishing, Research Data Management)
- Development and coordination of Forschungszentrum Jülich’s publications portal including the publications database and open-access repository functions JuSER Publications Portal
- Distribution of Forschungszentrum Jülich’s scientific literature Publishing House
- Translations Language Services
- Publication analyses Internet (ZB) – Bibliometrics